This Steak & Bleu pizza is incredibly easy to make. We dusted a ribeye steaks with Bourbon Prime blend from Derek Wolf’s Spirit Line and grilled it to medium-rare. Allow it rest while you get the other ingredients together and dinner or a party snack will be on the table in no time. Of course, you can get fancy with it and make your own pizza dough, but to make this recipe simple and quick we used the store bought dough and let it rest on the counter for about 30 minutes. Don’t forget the balsamic drizzle to add some acid as this will make all of the flavors explode in your mouth. Each bite is met with peppery arugula, creamy cheese, flavorful tender steak bites and piquant balsamic. In one word….YUM!
- 1 ribeye steak
- 2–3 tablespoons Derek Wolf Bourbon Prime blend
- 1 pre-made pizza dough – allow to rest for 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4–6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- handful of arugula
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar, optional
- Preheat your grill. Evenly coat the ribeye steak with Bourbon Prime blend (1-2 tablespoons) and grill to medium-rare (the steak will cook more on the pizza). Remove and allow to rest.
- Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Preheat the grill to 400º F.
- Sprinkle cornmeal or flour on a non-rimmed baking sheet and set aside. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about a 10″ circle. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Combine the butter and garlic and brush over the entire pizza dough. Top with the white cheddar.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot grill and top with the steak. Close the lid and allow to cook, turning a couple times to cook the crust evenly. Watch the temp as it can burn fast. Once the dough looks cooked through on the sides and the center (should be bubbly as well), remove to a baking sheet or cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with bleu cheese crumbles, arugula and balsamic vinegar and cut into your favorite shape and serve immediately.